Questions and Answers

Below is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you don’t find the answer you’re looking for – don’t worry - please just contact us on 01454 619900 or send your question by email to advice@dunkleys.accountants.

Yes. We always offer a free no obligation meeting to discuss your circumstances and how Dunkley's can be of assistance to you now and in the future. To book your free initial consultation, click here.

No problem. Just call us on 01454 619900 and we’ll get a copy to you. If you would like an electronic copy we can do that too.

We have several investment consultants who work with Dunkley's who we can introduce you to. Please contact us for details.

All the services we provide are individually tailored to each client based on their requirements. To get a quote, please contact one of our Client Partners.

The gross sales figure in both cases. If you require any assistance or advice with any aspect of VAT, please contact us.

How you keep your books and records depends on the size of the business and the volume of transactions, as well as IT literacy. Options vary from keeping a manual cashbook to using Excel or accounting software. All records need to be kept for a minimum of the last 6 years. Dunkley's can take care of all bookkeeping requirements for you. For a quote, further advice or training, please contact us.

Different trades can claim for different things. Dunkley's make sure that what is claimed is right for business and won’t land you with a large tax bill should HM Revenue and Customs review it. We have won awards for getting these things right!

You'll find this information here tax rates and allowances .  If you require additional guidance, please contact us.

There are numerous structures available and there are pros and cons of each. Different structures suit different businesses at different times in their life cycle. Please contact us to evaluate which structure best suits your specific needs.

A Unique Taxpayer Reference (or UTR for short) is the 10-digit number HM Revenue and Customs provide you with when you register for self-assessment. If you are already registered for self-assessment, we can let you know what number you have been issued. If you are not yet registered for self-assessment but think you should be, please contact us.

This is known as a "payment on account". They are payments towards next year's tax liability. They are calculated as half of the previous year's tax bill and are payable on 31 January and 31 July. If you know in advance that you are going to be paying too much on account because you know your tax bill will be lower next year, perhaps due to reduced trading profits, you can apply to reduce these payments on account. Dunkley's will calculate what payments are due and inform you of the dates for payment. We will also discuss whether they are at the correct level.

Yes. We have a good-sized client car park at the front of our building and if that is full there is an overflow car park.

Get in touch

This question is for testing whether you are a human visitor and to prevent automated spam submissions.