Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 – 5:00 with 1 hour for lunch.
Start date: ASAP
As Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for various accounting roles including preparing end-of-year accounts and corporation tax and partnership tax returns.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants are a firm based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol who work closely with both individuals and businesses to provide practical and professional accountancy advice. We pride ourselves on the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We offer a competitive salary with employee benefits including income protection assurance, life insurance, and free onsite car parking.
- As a company, the guiding principles we champion are expertise, honesty, professionalism, and fun.
- We are an award-winning firm that strives to exceed in everything we do from the modern thinking, practical approach we offer clients to how we work internally.
- We are a close-knit team which is supported by our regular socials and teambuilding activities.
If you share this same ethos, we would love to hear from you as joining the Dunkley’s family could be the best decision you ever make.
We’re looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team. An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below.
When assisting the Client Partner or Manager, the Accounts Assistant will:
- Prepare statutory year-end accounts for limited companies, sole trader and partnerships as directed by other staff.
- Preparing and drafting corporation tax returns.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks and be aware of deadlines for work being carried out.
The successful applicant must:
- AAT/AAT part qualified or part qualified ICAEW/ACCA or QBE
- 2 years’ experience in an accounting practice.
- Work independently but also as part of a team and help others when required.
- Interact well with clients and other staff members.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Strong mathematical and administrative skills.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Answer telephone in professional manner inc. taking and passing on messages.
- Positive attitude
- Hard working
Our office in Bradley Stoke is just minutes from the M4, M5, M32, and Bristol Parkway which makes it the ideal workplace for anyone living within Bristol or the South-West.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Paid overtime
- Great employee benefits
- Reasonable working hours
- Full general practice training to include audit/accounts/tax/advisory
- Free parking
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff Socials
Interested in applying? Please send your CV to Janelle Stevens at Dunkley’s, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JY or email Janelle.firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th September 2023.