Closing Date: 30 July 2021.
Salary Range: £18,000 – £22,000.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.25 – 16.55 with 1 hour for lunch.
As Accounts Assistant you will be responsible for various accounting roles including preparing VAT returns, analysing bank account transactions and bank reconciliations as well as assisting with management and end-of-year accounts preparation, and assisting with Audit assignments.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants are a firm based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol who work closely with both individuals and businesses to provide practical and professional accountancy advice. We pride ourselves on the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We offer a competitive salary with employee benefits including income protection assurance, life insurance, and free onsite car parking.
- As a company, the guiding principles we champion are expertise, honesty, professionalism, and fun.
- We are an award-winning firm that strives to exceed in everything we do from the modern thinking, practical approach we offer clients to how we work internally.
- We are a close-knit team which is supported by our regular socials and teambuilding activities.
If you share this same ethos, we would love to hear from you.
We’re looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team. An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below.
When assisting the Client Partner or Manager, the Accounts Assistant will:
- Prepare VAT returns. Supervision and assistance will be given when dealing with more complex clients.
- Analyse bank account transactions and bank reconciliations for management and year-end accounts.
- Assist with management and year-end accounts preparation as directed by other staff.
- Attend audits as required.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks and be aware of deadlines for work being carried out.
- AAT/AAT part qualified.
- 1-2 years’ experience in an accounting practice.
- Work independently but also as part of a team and help others when required.
- Interact well with clients and other staff members.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Strong mathematical and administrative skills.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Answer telephone in professional manner inc. taking and passing on messages.
- Positive attitude.
Our office in Bradley Stoke is just minutes from the M4, M5, M32, and Bristol Parkway which makes it the ideal workplace for anyone living within Bristol or the South-West.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary.
- Great employee benefits.
- Reasonable working hours.
- Full general practice training to include audit/accounts/tax/advisory.
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV to Joe Weston at Dunkley’s, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JY or email email@example.com by 30 July 2021.