Apprentice Accounts Trainee
Closing Date: 31 March 2023.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.30 – 17.00 with 1 hour for lunch.
Start date: As soon as possible.
As Apprentice Accounts Trainee you will be responsible for various accounting roles within the department e.g. analysing bank account transactions and bank reconciliations as well as assisting with year-end accounts preparation and assisting with Audit assignments.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants are an award-winning firm based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol who work closely with both individuals and businesses to provide practical and professional accountancy advice. We pride ourselves on the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We offer a competitive salary, and our employee benefits include a workplace pension, income protection insurance, life insurance and free onsite car parking.
- As a company, the guiding principles we champion are expertise, honesty, professionalism, and fun.
If you share this same ethos, we would love to hear from you as joining the Dunkley’s team could be the best decision you ever make.
We’re looking for an Apprentice school leaver to join our team.
An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below.
The Accounts Trainee will:
- Undertake professional training with AAT/ICAEW/ACCA
- Assist with year-end accounts preparation as directed by other staff.
- Prepare and draft tax returns for corporate and private clients.
- Attend audits as required.
- Analyse bank account transactions and bank reconciliations for year end accounts.
- Take ownership of allocated tasks and be aware of deadlines for work being carried out.
- Interact well with clients and other staff members.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organisation.
- Strong mathematical and administrative skills.
- Work independently but also as part of a team and help others when required.
- Conversant with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong communication skills
- Positive attitude.
Our office in Bradley Stoke is just minutes from the M4, M5, M32 and Bristol Parkway which makes it the ideal workplace for anyone living within Bristol or the South-West.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary.
- Paid overtime
- Great employee benefits.
- Reasonable working hours.
- Full general practice training to include audit/accounts/tax/advisory.
- Free parking
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV and covering letter to Michelle Williams at Dunkley’s, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JY or email firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 February 2023.