Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.25 – 16.55 with 1 hour for lunch.
Start date: ASAP
As Payroll Manager, you will be in charge of the Dunkley’s Payroll department, be responsible for building relationships with over 300 Payroll clients and be able to guide your team on the new Coronavirus SSP and ‘Furlough’ workers schemes, recent HMRC rolled out emergency funding process as well as assist clients with the Payroll calculations and claims and advise them on their individual requirements. Alongside this, you will also be responsible for identifying and continually improving the internal Payroll processes.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants are a family firm based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol who work closely with both individuals and businesses to provide practical and professional accountancy advice. We pride ourselves on the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We offer a competitive salary and our employee benefits include a workplace pension, income protection insurance, life insurance and free onsite car parking
- As a company, the guiding principles we champion are expertise, honesty, professionalism and fun.
If you share this same ethos, we would love to hear from you as joining the Dunkley’s family could be the best decision you ever make.
We’re looking for a Payroll Manager to join our friendly team. An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below.
As Payroll Manager, you will:
- Manage the Payroll department of 4 staff, be responsible for building relationships with over 300 clients and identifying each client’s individual payroll requirements
- Process 10 weekly, 130 monthly and 200 quarterly client payrolls including Pension administration, EOY, BACS file submissions, journals, and CIS returns to HMRC
- Identify and continually improve the internal Payroll processes within the Payroll Team by ensuring all team members are fully trained, supported and kept up to date on payroll legislation and processes
- Develop and manage the performance of the Payroll team and complete monthly one to ones and yearly appraisals
- Communicate to clients on any new legislation and changes
- Fully understand the Coronavirus SSP and ‘Furlough’ workers scheme, recent HMRC rolled out emergency funding process, communicate and assist clients with the Payroll calculations and claims and advise on their individual requirements
- Resolve all HMRC queries promptly
- Create the billing process for payroll clients only
- 5 years + Payroll experience, ideally within a practise or bureau
- Previous Management experience is essential
- Full understanding of Payroll Processing including government legislation such as HMRC, GDPR, Pension regulator and NMW to ensure full compliance
- CIS experience would be desirable
- Excellent communication skills and a professional manner
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude
Our office in Bradley Stoke is just minutes from the M4, M5, M32 and Bristol Parkway which makes it the ideal workplace for anyone living within Bristol or the South-West.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Great employee benefits
- Reasonable working hours
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV to Lisa White at Dunkley’s, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JY or email email@example.com