The Discretionary Business Support Grants can provide financial aid to some small and micro businesses towards ongoing fixed costs if they can demonstrate a significant drop in income as a result of the coronavirus pandemic restriction measures.
The Council are opening up the opportunity to apply for this grant for a third time, with a particular focus on small and micro businesses who operate from a residential premises. So far they have provided financial aid to more than 220 businesses with over £1.3m funding and they are keen to widen this out and support more smaller businesses by including local businesses that operate from residential premises.
The Discretionary Small Business Support Grants Fund is now open until Wednesday 12 August (at midday) for applications.
Who is eligible?
The fund will prioritise the following businesses:
- Businesses in shared or flexible spaces (such as units in industrial parks, science parks and incubators which do not have their own business rates assessment)
- Regular market traders
- Small charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief that would otherwise be eligible for Small Business Rates Relief
- Bed and Breakfasts that pay council tax rather than business rates
The following are also able to apply:
- Independent businesses – those that are not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
- Charities and community organisations – those not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
- Childcare nurseries – those with a rateable value over £15,000 who will not have received business support grants to date, or that are not eligible for small business rate grants due to payment to a landlord of all-inclusive rent
How do I apply?
If you fit the above criteria, you will be able to apply.
Before you do however, it is strongly recommended you read the FAQ’s set out by the Council as funding claimed through unlawful behaviour will result in prosecution and action taken to reclaim any funds issued.
To apply for the Grant, click here.
For further information, visit the southglos.gov.uk website or contact us directly on 01454 619900. We are here to help.