At Dunkley’s, our specialists are here to help provide Solicitors with a fully comprehensive service including SAR Audits and Solicitors Accounts Rules Accountants Reports. Providing tailored support and advice to deal with the unique requirements of law firms is what we pride ourselves on and strive to achieve.
Providing the specialist support Solicitors need
Unlike typical businesses, Solicitors have additional requirements when preparing their financial statements. Because of the added complexity and regulatory requirements, we have a team of experts who deal with the unique needs of law firms, from both a tax and regulatory point of view.
The Solicitors Regulation Authority (SRA) seeks to monitor and enforce compliance with the Solicitors’ Accounts Rules 2019. We have a detailed knowledge and understanding of the rules and can offer guidance as to how they should be applied to each law firm. As the Solicitors Accounts Rules are regularly reviewed, it is important to ensure you are always provided with the most up-to-date advice. This is something we pride ourselves on.
Our wealth of experience in this area means that we fully understand not only the SRA’s expectations of Solicitors and the accountants they choose but can help you to review your systems and procedures to gain real commercial advantage from better compliance.
Our audit approach is designed to be highly effective and cause the minimum disruption to the working of your firm. As registered auditors we can prepare and submit the accountants report required by the Solicitors Regulation Authority. This report is due every 12 months and must be submitted within 6 months of the year end.
The work required to complete the Accountants Report will almost certainly involve time at your offices, but our flexible approach means this can be achieved either remotely or in person depending on your preference and systems.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Preparation of monthly or quarterly management accounts
- Preparation of statutory accounts
- Audit of statutory accounts
- Solicitors Accounts Rules Accountants Reports
- Advice on ways in which the systems and controls within your firm can be changed so that they become more efficient
- Advice on the most suitable legal structure for your firm e.g. Partnership, Limited Liability Partnership or Limited Company
- Taxation advice for the Directors and the Business
- Use of our in-house Payroll Bureau
- VAT compliance assistance
- VAT specialist reviews
What can we do for you?