Today is the day. The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme portal is live.
To help you make a claim quickly and efficiently, please find guidance below outlining the scheme’s eligibility and a step by step process on how to claim for your furloughed employees through the online portal.
Before making a claim, please consider the following:
- To be eligible for CJRS an employer must agree with the employee that they are a ‘furloughed worker’.
- Employees must be notified that they have been furloughed. Download our letter template.
- Employees must be furloughed for a minimum of three weeks.
- The employee cannot do any work for the employer that has furloughed them. You can claim 80% of wages up to a maximum of £2,500 per month per furloughed employee.
- A separate claim is needed for each PAYE scheme.
- You can only claim for furloughed employees that were on your PAYE payroll on or before 19 March 2020.
- An RTI submission notifying payment in respect of that employee to HMRC must have been made on or before 19 March 2020.
- You must have a UK bank account.
For more information on the scheme and further eligibility requirements, visit guidance on GOV.UK.
A Step by Step Guide
The Government have recently issued a step by step guide which explains the information that employers need to provide to HMRC to make a claim through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme. It also describes the processes involved.
To download the guide, please click here.
If you have any questions regarding the scheme or need some support with applying, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Please call the Payroll team on 01454 619900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and they will do what they can to assist.