Working Hours: Monday – Friday 08.25 – 16.55 with 1 hour for lunch.
Start date: ASAP
The main responsibilities of the Tax Assistant will be to prepare and review tax returns, P11Ds, and ATED returns as well as support the Tax Manager with tax planning projects and compliance matters. The successful applicant must have excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to plan and anticipate their own workload, so the Tax Team continues to deliver a professional service to our clients.
Dunkley’s Chartered Accountants are a firm based in Bradley Stoke, Bristol who work closely with both individuals and businesses to provide practical and professional accountancy advice. We pride ourselves on the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- We offer a competitive salary and our employee benefits include a workplace pension, income protection insurance, life insurance, and free onsite car parking
- As a company, the guiding principles we champion are expertise, honesty, professionalism, and fun
If you share this same ethos, we would love to hear from you as joining the Dunkley’s family could be the best decision you ever make.
We’re looking for a Tax Assistant to join our friendly team. An outline of the job and what it will entail is stated below.
- Assist in the preparation of tax returns, P11Ds, ATED returns
- Review tax returns prepared by juniors
- Complete complex tax computations for manager review
- Assist on a wide range of advisory projects in the UK and overseas
- Assist with basic tax planning projects and compliance matters
- Dealing with client queries
- Monitor own jobs and communicate with partner/seniors regularly on performance
- Assist with administration tasks as necessary
The successful applicant must:
- Be qualified or part qualified in ATT/CTA
- Have a good working knowledge of personal tax, corporate tax, and trusts
- Be proactive at managing existing client relationships and developing new ones
- Be flexible, down-to-earth, and willing to pitch in and work as part of a team
- Have the ability to plan and organise workload independently and effectively
- Have excellent communication skills and a professional manner
- Positive attitude
Our office in Bradley Stoke is just minutes from the M4, M5, M32 and Bristol Parkway which makes it the ideal workplace for anyone living within Bristol or the South-West.
Why Should You Apply?
- Competitive salary
- Reasonable working hours
- Great employee benefits including study support for ATT/CTA
- Opportunity to forge a career in Tax with a firm that will provide study support for the completion of your studies and longer-term career progression opportunities
Interested in applying?
Please send your CV to Chloe Debiaune at Dunkley’s, Woodlands Grange, Woodlands Lane, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4JY or email firstname.lastname@example.org.